8 Best Room Heaters in India – With Full Buyer’s Guide and Reviews
Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, it is the time for home. What best to have in winter is the warmth of a Room Heater in your home, especially if you come from the Northern part of India.
Let’s check out our quick rundown of the different types of room heaters.
Best Room Heater Brands in India in 2019
- Morphy Richards
Let’s have a look at these Room Heaters in detail. Do check Our Top Picks and the Buyer’s Guide and Review which will help you select the best Room Heater for your house here, https://homeshantihome.in/home-appliances-room-heaters/#Buyers_Guide-_How_to_choose_the_right_Room_Heater_for_your_house
Top Picks in Best Room Heater
|Best Overall||Best for Small Room||Best Budget||Best Splurge||Best Design|
|Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Fan Heater (White)||Usha Quartz Room Heater (3002) 800-Watt with Overheating Protection (Ivory)||Orpat ORH-1410 1000 Watt Radiant Heater||Havells OFR - 9Fin 2400-Watt PTC Fan Heater (Black)||Havells Calido PTC Fan Heater 2000 W – White and Gold|
|Thermal cutoff for added safety, two heat settings (1000 watts and 2000 watts)|
it also has a utility as a fan, a safety mesh grill, cool touch body and a 100% pure copper wire motor.
|Usha Room Heater is finished with powder coating that prevents corrosion. There are heating rods that gets heated up and emits heat. The maximum power consumption of Usha Room Heater is 800 W. Save electricity by running one rod only which consumes 400 Watts.||Nickel chrome plated mesh grill and bright nickel chrome plated reflector. International Erogonomic Heater.|
Power Consumption: 1000 Watts.
|The best part about this all-new OFR with PTC fan heater is that it doesn’t kill the oxygen present in the room; so it means no more suffocation. These oil-filled radiators are best when it comes to silent operation.||Calido PTC Fan Heater comes with 2 heat setting at 1300 W and 2000 W respectively so that user can choose different option depending upon climatic condition. PTC Ceramic heating element which provides faster, safer and energy efficient heating to enjoy the comforting warmth. Cleanable dust filter which prevents dust from entering the product and can be cleaned from time to time.|
Best Top Room Heater in India
Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Fan Heater (White)
- Meant for Spot Heating
- Ideal for a small/medium room only, i.e., up to 250 sq. ft. when operated at 2000 W. heat setting. Makes some noise due to fan.
- Thermal Cut-off for Added Safety
- Body Material: Plastic, Metal; Cool Touch Body; Safety Mesh Grill
- An element heater device that features a non-sagging, stitched type, long-life heating element,
- Two heat settings-1000 watts and 2000 watts
- 100% Pure Copper Wire Motor for long life
- Warranty- 1 year
Usha Quartz Room Heater (3002) 800-Watt with Overheating Protection (Ivory)
- Meant for Spot Heating, Room Size: Up to 150 sq ft
- Ideal for a small room i.e., up to room size 120 sq. ft
- Safety tip-over switch cuts off the heater in case it tilts or falls
- Powder-coated finish to prevent corrosion
- Designed for low power consumption
- There are two heating positions to suit your comfort, front grill for safety
- Two quartz tube heating elements
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Power: 400 and 800 watts; Operating voltage: 230 volts
Orpat ORH-1410 1000 Watt Radiant Heater
- Meant for Spot Heating
- Ideal for Room Size: Up to 150 sq ft
- International Ergonomic Heater
- Portable, Compact, and stylish design
- Nickel chrome plated mesh grill and bright nickel chrome plated reflector
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power Consumption: 1000 Watts
- Includes: 1 Radiant Heater
Havells OFR – 9Fin 2400-Watt PTC Fan Heater (Black)
- The best part about this all-new OFR with PTC fan heater is that it doesn’t kill the oxygen present in the room; that means no more suffocation.
- PTC heater with fan. PTC (Positive Temperature Coefficient) is a unique technology that eschews traditional resistance wire and replaces it with ceramic stones or chips.
- These oil-filled radiators are best in terms of silent operation.
- Cord storage and rear safety cover. Wheels ensure easy portability
- Overheat protection and tilt over switch for safety
- Thermostatic heat control and castor wheels for easy mobility
- Three different power settings. In each power setting, it uses a different wattage so that you can save energy.
Havells GHRFHAGW200 2000-Watt Comforter
- Meant for Spot Heating, Ideal Room Size- Upto 150 sqft
- Integrated carry handle for easy portability
- Havells Comforter comes with 2 heat setting at 1400 W and 2000 W respectively so that user can choose a different option depending upon the requirement
- The product automatically switches off if it goes beyond the desired temperature
- Safety is ensured through overheat protection which switches off the product automatically if the product is accidentally overheated
- Warranty: 1 Year
Bajaj Blow Hot 2000 Watts Fan Forced Circulation Room Heater
- Instant Warmth: 2000 Watts Heat Convector Room heater ensure your comfort during chilly winters
- Personalized Comfort: Customized to your heating needs with an adjustable thermostat and two heat settings (1000 W/ 2000 W)
- Neat & Clean Operation since there isn’t any need for refrigerant or oxygen
- Featuring auto thermal shutoff to prevent overheating
- Convenient & Elegant: The compactness of Blow Hot makes it elegant and easy to carry anywhere
- Reliable & Safe: 2 Year warranty
Morphy Richards OFR 09 2000-Watt Oil Filled Radiator (Grey)
- The oil-filled radiator with 9 fins will ensure that the warmth reaches the farthest corners of your room. The thin fins allow the heat to be transferred more rapidly from the heater into the room, raising the temperature in the room in just a few minutes
- Adjustable thermostat to maintain desired room temperature
- Castor wheels with mounting plate for easy mobility
- Power selection knob
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 2000 watts
- Oil-filled radiator
Havells Calido PTC Fan Heater 2000 W – White and Gold
- Calido PTC Fan Heater comes with 2 heat setting at 1300 W and 2000 W respectively so that user can choose a different option depending upon the climatic condition
- PTC Ceramic heating element which provides faster, safer and energy-efficient heating to enjoy the comforting warmth
- Oscillation function helps in delivering Multi-directional heating
- Switches off automatically if it falls/tips over accidentally
- Cleanable dust filter which prevents dust from entering the product and can be cleaned from time to time
- Safety is ensured through overheat protection which switches off the product automatically if products overheat
- Warranty: 1 year
Buyer’s Guide:- How to choose the right Room Heater for your house
The selection of best room heater depends on various factors like portability, budget, energy consumption and where to install. One should also consider other factors like size or capacity, heating capability, and aesthetics.
Types of Room Heaters in India
- Circulates hot air around the room with the help of a fan and instantly heats up a room.
- They are inexpensive, provide better coverage and are absolutely safe for residences.
- These heaters use infrared technology to produce heat and transfer it directly.
- The heat dissipates as soon as the heater is turned off. They are ideal for warming up small spaces.
Oil Filled Heater:
- These heaters run by oil which heats the heating element.
- The oil inside the body of the heater absorbs the heat and serves as a heat reservoir, hence circulating heat.
- It consumes less electricity and keeps warm longer.
Selection Parameter for the Best Room Heater for your Home
Size of the Room:
- Radiant heaters are good for personal heating or for small rooms.
- Fan heaters and oil-filled heaters are good for medium to large rooms.
- You can use a simple to find out the wattage requirement according to the room size
Wattage Required = Room Area * 10
So, for 150 sq. ft. room, the recommended wattage is 1500 W (150*10)
- The Room Heater’s power is proportional to the heat output
So high wattage will provide more heat but will also consume more electricity.
Heaters now come up with Auto On/Off feature which adds on to the safety features of the room heater.
The fan heaters usually make noise and the radiation type or the oil filled ones are the ones that do not make much noise.
- Fan or blower heaters and radiant heaters come with the simple, lightweight design that makes them easy to carry from one place to another.
- The oiled filled radiators come with the castor wheels to move freely in any direction from one room to another.
Time taken to heat the room:
- Fan heaters and radiant heaters take less time to warm the room
- Oil-filled room heaters take a little bit more time to warm the room. But, it keeps the room warm longer, even after switching off.
Thermostat and multiple heat settings:
With this advanced feature in the room heater, you can set the desired temperature level.